The development of ISTQB® is facilitated by international working groups for the cooperative design of syllabi, exam rules, processes, etc.
The ISTQB® Working Groups ensure the development and the spread of the knowledge according to the most up-to-date needs of the profession.
Each working group is composed by many members from the different Boards around the world and is lead by a Chair and a Vice Chair:
- Marketing – The Marketing WG defines and deploys the Marketing Strategy, organizing marketing initiatives aimed at growing ISTQB® Brand.
- Product Development Steering Committee (PDSC) – This Committee aims at defining the roadmap for the ISTQB® overall Product Portfolio (Framework architecture, Syllabi and Preconditions) as well as its deployment plan; the PDSC gathers together the ISTQB® Executives, the Chairs of the Working Groups dealing with Glossary and Syllabi, Marketing and Exam WG Chairs as well as representatives from Global E-Exam Providers and Member Boards. The PDSC has a central role in setting the evolution of ISTQB® product portfolio in accordance with market needs.It is led by the ISTQB® President Gualtiero Bazzana, email@example.com
- Glossary – The ISTQB® Glossary WG aims at delivering and maintaining a glossary of testing and related terms that shall be used as a reference/ source document for syllabi at Foundation, Advanced and Expert level.
- Foundation Level – The FL Working Group is responsible for the definition and maintenance of the Foundation Level syllabus, that shall have clear and measurable learning objectives as well as unambiguously defined contents and topics.
- Klaus Olsen, Chair, Denmark, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advanced Level and Expert Level – the AL and EL WG has the aim to develop and maintain the Advanced Level syllabus, taking into account the Foundation syllabus as well as the emerging applicable standards technical, and aims at defining the ISTQB® Expert Level modules, based upon and following the ISTQB® Advanced Level.
- Specialist WG
- Agile WG
- Exam – The Exam WG is responsible to create and maintain the examination format and guidelines and to create and maintain the ISTQB® practice exams.
- Process Management & Compliance – The working group is responsible for defining and maintaining the processes that guide the activities of ISTQB®, Member Boards, Training Providers and Exam Providers. In addition, the working group is administering Audit surveys, monitoring implementation of ISTQB® processes, and supporting them with the mentoring initiative.
- Governance – the Governance team is responsible to ensure that the ISTQB® rules and processes are adhered.