The development of ISTQB® is facilitated by international working groups for the cooperative design of syllabi, exam rules, processes, etc.
The ISTQB® Working Groups ensure the development and the spread of the knowledge according to the most up-to-date needs of the profession.
Each working group is composed by many members from the different Boards around the world and is lead by a Chair and a Vice Chair:
- Marketing – The Marketing WG defines and deploys the Marketing Strategy, organizing marketing initiatives aimed at growing ISTQB® Brand.
- Foundation Level – The FL Working Group is responsible for the definition and maintenance of the Foundation Level syllabus, that shall have clear and measurable learning objectives as well as unambiguously defined contents and topics.
- Advanced Level and Expert Level – the AL and EL WG has the aim to develop and maintain the Advanced Level syllabus, taking into account the Foundation syllabus as well as the emerging applicable standards technical, and aims at defining the ISTQB® Expert Level modules, based upon and following the ISTQB® Advanced Level.
- Mette Bruhn-Pedersen, Chair, Denmark, Mette.BruhnPedersen@istqb.org
- Specialist WG
- Graham Bath, Chair, Germany, email@example.com
- Agile WG
- Glossary - The ISTQB® Glossary WG supports a consistent terminology across all ISTQB® modules by delivering and maintaining a glossary of testing and related terms.
- Exam – The Exam WG is responsible to create and maintain the examination format and guidelines and to create and maintain the ISTQB® practice exams.
- Process Management & Compliance – The working group is responsible for defining and maintaining the processes that guide the activities of ISTQB®, Member Boards, Training Providers and Exam Providers. In addition, the working group is administering Audit surveys, monitoring implementation of ISTQB® processes, and supporting them with the mentoring initiative.
- Governance – the Governance team is responsible to ensure that the ISTQB® rules and processes are adhered