Foundation Level professionals should be able to:
- Use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders.
- Understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles to support test objectives.
- Design and prioritize tests by using established techniques; analyze both functional and non-functional specifications (such as performance and usability) at all test levels for systems with a low to medium level of complexity.
- Execute tests according to agreed test plans, and analyze and report on the results of tests.
- Write clear and understandable incident reports.
- Effectively participate in reviews of small to medium-sized projects.
- Be familiar with different types of testing tools and their uses; assist in the selection and implementation process.
See the detailed list of Learning Objectives for Foundation Level.