Certified Tester AI Testing (CT-AI)
The Certified Tester AI Testing certification is aimed at anyone involved in testing AI-based systems and/or AI for testing. This includes people in roles such as testers, test analysts, data analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and software developers. This certification is also appropriate for anyone who wants a basic understanding of testing AI-based systems and/or AI for testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, operations team members, IT directors, and management consultants.
To gain this certification, candidates must hold the Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate.
Individuals who hold the ISTQB® Certified Tester- AI Testing certification should be able to accomplish the following business outcomes:
- Understand the current state and expected trends of AI
- Experience the implementation and testing of a ML model and recognize where testers can best influence its quality
- Understand the challenges associated with testing AI-Based systems, such as their self-learning capabilities, bias, ethics, complexity, non-determinism, transparency and explainability
- Contribute to the test strategy for an AI-Based system
- Design and execute test cases for AI-based systems
- Recognize the special requirements for the test infrastructure to support the testing of AI-based systems
- Understand how AI can be used to support software testing
- The other AI relates syllabi from A4Q, AiU and CSTQB/KSTQB will be valid to October 12th 2022
- Accredited courses require accreditation of training materials, as described in the ISTQB® Accreditation Process
- Holders of the A4Q, AiU and KSTQB & CSTQB AIT previous versions continue to hold a valid certification
Training is available from Accredited Training Providers (classroom, virtual, and e-learning). We highly recommend attending accredited training as it ensures that an ISTQB® Member Board has assessed the materials for relevance and consistency against the syllabus.
Self-study, using the syllabus and recommended reading material, is also an option when preparing for the exam.
Holders of this certification may choose to proceed to other Core, Agile, or Specialist stream certifications.