Certified Tester Gambling Industry Tester (CT-GT)
The Gambling Industry Tester certification is aimed at anyone involved in software testing in the gambling industry including testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and software developers. It may also be useful to people in the role of project manager, quality manager, software development manager, system analyst (business analysts), IT manager, or management consultants, who wish to acquire a deeper understanding of software testing in the gambling industry.
To gain this certification, candidates must hold the Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate.
Candidates who have achieved the Foundation Level Gambling Industry Tester Specialist certification should be able to accomplish the following Business Objectives:
- Promote efficient and effective communication by using a common vocabulary inside the gambling industry;
- Understand specific quality attributes that require testing within the gambling industry;
- Understand typical test practices by describing the standard software development and testing methodologies within the gambling industry;
- Understand gambling hardware and software certification which is the main difference between the gambling industry and other industries;
- Use established techniques for designing tests aligned with gambling specific needs;
- Appreciate the importance of jurisdictions and regulatory bodies in the gambling industry.
In general, a Certified Foundation Level Gambling Industry Tester Specialist is expected to have acquired the necessary skills to working effectively within a Gambling Industry testing team and environment.
Training is available from Accredited Training Providers (classroom, virtual, and e-learning). We highly recommend attending accredited training as it ensures that an ISTQB® Member Board has assessed the materials for relevance and consistency against the syllabus.
Self-study, using the syllabus and recommended reading material, is also an option when preparing for the exam.
Holders of this certification may choose to proceed to other Core, Agile, or Specialist stream certifications.