Certified Tester Mobile Application Testing (CT-MAT)
The Mobile Application Testing certification is intended for professionals who are working with mobile technology. It is also for professionals who are planning to start implementing mobile projects or are working within companies that plan to do so.
To gain this certification, candidates must hold the Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate.
Certified Mobile Application Testers who have passed the Foundation Level “Certified Mobile Application Testing” exam should be able to accomplish the following Business Objectives:
- Understand and review business and technology drivers for mobile apps in order to create a test strategy;
- Identify and understand the key challenges, risks and expectations associated with testing a mobile application;
- Apply test types and levels specific to mobile applications;
- Apply common test types, such as those mentioned in ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level syllabus 2018, in the mobile specific context;
- Carry out the activities required specifically for mobile application testing as part of the main activities of the ISTQB® test process;
- Identify and use suitable environments and appropriate tools for mobile application testing;
- Understand methods and tools specifically to support mobile application test automation.
Training is available from Accredited Training Providers (classroom, virtual, and e-learning). We highly recommend attending accredited training as it ensures that an ISTQB® Member Board has assessed the materials for relevance and consistency against the syllabus.
Self-study, using the syllabus and recommended reading material, is also an option when preparing for the exam.
Holders of this certification may choose to proceed to other Core, Agile, or Specialist stream certifications.