Certified Tester Performance Testing (CT-PT)
The Performance Testing certification is aimed at anyone involved in software testing who wishes to broaden their knowledge of performance testing or anyone who wishes to start a specialist career in performance testing. The qualification is also aimed at anyone involved in performance engineering who wishes to gain a better understanding of performance testing.
To gain this certification, candidates must hold the Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate.
Foundation Level Performance Testing candidates who have passed the Foundation Level “Performance Testing” syllabus exam should be able to accomplish the following Business Objectives:
- Understand the basic concepts of performance efficiency and performance testing;
- Define performance risks, goals, and requirements to meet stakeholder needs and expectations;
- Understand performance metrics and how to collect them;
- Develop a performance test plan for achieving stated goals and requirements;
- Conceptually design, implement, and execute basic performance tests;
- Analyze the results of a performance test and state implications to various stakeholders;
- Explain the process, rationale, results, and implications of performance testing to various stakeholders;
- Understand categories and uses for performance tools and criteria for their selection;
- Determine how performance testing activities align with the software lifecycle.
Training is available from Accredited Training Providers (classroom, virtual, and e-learning). We highly recommend attending accredited training as it ensures that an ISTQB® Member Board has assessed the materials for relevance and consistency against the syllabus.
Self-study, using the syllabus and recommended reading material, is also an option when preparing for the exam.
Holders of this certification may choose to proceed to other Core, Agile, or Specialist stream certifications.