Certified Tester Test Automation Engineer (CT-TAE)
The Test Automation Engineer certification is aimed at people who already have experience in software testing and who wish to further develop their expertise in automation testing.
To gain this certification, candidates must hold the Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate.
Advanced Level testers who have passed the “Advanced Test Automation Engineer” module exam should be able to accomplish the following Business Objectives:
- Contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process
- Evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organization
- Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA)
- Design and develop (new or modified) test automation solutions that meet the business needs
- Enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach
- Create automated test reporting and metrics collection
- Manage and optimize testing assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test) systems
Training is available from Accredited Training Providers (classroom, virtual, and e-learning). We highly recommend attending accredited training as it ensures that an ISTQB® Member Board has assessed the materials for relevance and consistency against the syllabus.
Self-study, using the syllabus and recommended reading material, is also an option when preparing for the exam.
Holders of this certification may choose to proceed to other Core, Agile, or Specialist stream certifications.