Certified Tester Usability Testing (CT-UT)
The Usability Testing certification is aimed at anyone involved in software testing who wishes to broaden their knowledge of usability testing or anyone who wishes to start a specialist career in usability testing. The qualification is also aimed at anyone involved in usability engineering who wishes to understand usability testing.
To gain this certification, candidates must hold the Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate.
Foundation Level Usability Testing candidates who have passed the Foundation Level „Usability Testing” syllabus exam should be able to accomplish the following Business Objectives:
- Understand the basic concepts of usability and usability testing;
- Identify and classify the severity of usability risks and potential accessibility violations in a given product at any stage of a development cycle;
- Cite relevant standards for usability, user experience, and accessibility and verify their implementation in a given product;
- Set up procedures so that stated usability, user experience and accessibility goals may be verified in practice for a given product;
- Design and monitor the implementation of a test plan for achieving stated usability, user experience and accessibility goals;
- Explain the rationale, process and results of usability, user experience and accessibility evaluations to non-specialist stakeholders.
Training is available from Accredited Training Providers (classroom, virtual, and e-learning). We highly recommend attending accredited training as it ensures that an ISTQB® Member Board has assessed the materials for relevance and consistency against the syllabus.
Self-study, using the syllabus and recommended reading material, is also an option when preparing for the exam.
Holders of this certification may choose to proceed to other Core, Agile, or Specialist stream certifications.