Certified Tester Expert Level Assessing Test Processes (CTEL-ITP-ATP)
Overview The ISTQB® Improving the Test Process - Assessing the Test Process (CTEL-ITP-ATP) certification helps prepare individuals to fulfill the specific expert role within their organization or project, and more specifically to assess and advise on test process improvement. It covers the context of improvement, recognized models for improvement, analystic approaches, selection of an approach, and initiation of the process.
For Part 2 of the CTEL-ITP certification, refer to CTEL-ITP-ITPI.
The Expert Level certification is aimed at those who have already achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and wish to develop further their expertise in a specific area. To obtain Expert Level certification, candidates must have:
The expert test process improver is able to perform each of the following tasks:
- Lead programs for improving the testing process within an organization or project and can identify and manage critical success factors;
- Take appropriate business-driven decisions on how to approach improvement to the test process;
- Assess the current status of a test process, propose step-wise improvements and show how these are linked to achieving business goals;
- Set up a strategic policy for improving the testing process and implement that policy;
- Analyze specific problems with the test process and propose effective solutions;
- Create a test improvement plan which meets business objectives;
- Develop organizationals concepts for improvement of the test process which include required roles, skills and organizational structure;
- Establish a standard process for implementing improvement to the test process within an organization;
- Manage the introduction of changes to the test process, including co-operation with the sponsors of improvements;
- Understand and effectively manage the human issues associated with assessing the test process and implementing necessary changes.
Expert Level provides in-depth, practically-oriented certification courses in a range of different testing subjects. Materials provided at Expert Level build on the knowledge and experience obtained at the Advanced Level.