- Business Outcomes
- Learning Objectives
- Exam Structure
- Materials for Download
The Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester qualification is aimed at people who have already achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and wish to develop further their expertise in technical testing aspects in an agile context. The modules offered at the Advanced Level cover a wide range of testing topics.
What are the entry criteria?
To receive Advanced Level certification in the module “Agile Technical Tester”, candidates must hold a valid Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate and a valid Certified Center Foundation Level Extension Agile Tester certificate. Refer to the relevant Exam Board to determine the specific practical experience criteria.
The following image demonstrates the contents of the Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester syllabus:
- Apply Agile techniques to ensur tests that provide adequate coverage
- Define testable requirements within Agile Team
- Create and implement various Agile Test approaches using appropriate techniques
- Support and contribute to test automation activities in an Agile project
- Support continuous integration in an Agile Team
- Support Agile Team in continuous delivery and deployment
- Learn the service vizualizatin concepts
- Work with, and share information with, other team members using effective communication styles and channels
- Analyze user stories and epics using requirements engineering techniques
- Describe the requirements engineering techniques and how they can help testers
- Create and evaluate testable acceptance criteria for a given user story using requirements engineering and test techniques
- Describe the elicitation techniques
- Apply test-driven development (TDD) in the context of a given example in an Agile project
- Understand the characteristics of a Unit test
- Understand the meaning of the mnemonic word FIRST Apply behavior-driven development (BDD) in the context of a given user story in an Agile project
- Understand how to manage guidelines for a formulation of a scenario
- Analyze a product backlog in an Agile project to determine a way to introduce acceptance test-driven development
- Analyze the creation of a test approach using test automation, experience-based tests and back-box tests created using other approaches (including risk-based testing) for a given scenario in an Agile project
- Explain differences between Mission critical and non-critical
- Analyze user stories and epics to create test charters, and interpret their results
- Understand the use Experienced-based techniques
- Understand the importance of refactoring test cases in Agile projects
- Understand practical task-list for Refactoring Test cases
- Analyze code as part of a code review to identify defects and technical debt
- Understand Static code Analysis
- Apply data-driven and keyword-driven test techniques to develop automated test scripts
- Understand how to apply test automation to a given test approach in an Agile environment
- Understand the test automation
- Understand differences between various test approaches
- Understand the factors to consider when determining the level of test automation needed to keep up with the speed of deployment
- Understand the challenges of test automation in agile settings
- Apply continuous integration (CI) and summarize its impact on testing activities
- Understand the role of continuous testing in continuous delivery and continuous deployment
- Understand the concept of service virtualization and its role in Agile projects
- Understand the benefits of service virtualization
The Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester is based on the Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester Syllabus.
The International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB®) provides it to the national examination bodies for them to accredit the training providers and to derive examination questions in their local language.
Training providers will produce courseware and determine appropriate teaching methods for accreditation, and the syllabus will help candidates in their preparation for the examination.
To receive the Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester certification, candidates must hold the Foundation Certificate and a valid Foundation Level Extension Tester certificate.
Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester syllabus is available for in Materials for download section.
The Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester exam is comprised of 40 multiple-choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65% to be completed within 90 minutes. Participants that take the exam not in their spoken language, will receive additional 25% time, for a total of 113 minutes.
|Module||Number of questions||Exam length (minutes)||Exam length +25% (minutes)|
|Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester||40||90||113|
Accredited training providers
Exams may be taken as part of a course delivered by an Accredited Training Provider or taken independently at an examination center or in a public exam.
Materials for Download
|ISTQB-CTAL-ATT_Syllabus_V1.1||Size 699.02 KB|
|ISTQB-CTAL-ATT_Exam-Structure-and-Rules_V1.0||Size 467.88 KB|
|ISTQB-CTAL-ATT_Sample-Exam-One-per-LO-Answers_V1.0||Size 576.96 KB|
|ISTQB-CTAL-ATT_Sample-Exam-One-per-LO-Questions_V1.0||Size 942.37 KB|
|ISTQB-CTAL-ATT_Accreditation-Guidelines_V1.0||Size 481.42 KB
|ISTQB-CTAL-ATT_BO-LO-Overview_V1.0||Size 846.52 KB
|ISTQB-CTAL-ATT_Syllabus_V1.0||Size 699.02 KB|