ISTQB® Certified Tester is the most widespread qualification scheme in the world, and the syllabi contents and glossary have become the de facto industry reference for the software testing profession.
Features of the scheme include:
- High quality syllabi: all syllabi are developed and reviewed by leading testing professionals from academia and industry.
- Global recognition: certifications are recognized globally because of the consistent application of ISTQB® policies and procedures by the member boards.
- Common language: the ISTQB® Glossary provides a common vocabulary for the profession.
- Objectivity: the assessment of tester capabilities is conducted independently by ISTQB® and provides objective verification of competencies.
- Adherence to a Code of Ethics: all ISTQB® certified testers adhere to the Code of Ethics defined by ISTQB®.
- Public Availability: ISTQB® glossary and syllabi is made freely available on the ISTQB® website and on the Member Board websites in local languages.
- Openness: ISTQB® materials are developed on a voluntary basis and are open to contributions from anybody interested in joining ISTQB® working groups.
- Independence: the non-profit nature of ISTQB® ensures that content is not constrained by particular methodologies or technologies, and is able to draw on best practices from a wide variety of sources.
- Continuous improvement: syllabi and other documents are continuously being improved to meet the needs of Business Organizations around the world and to keep pace with the development of the profession.
- Professional standing: being certified provides advantages for individuals and organizations by ensuring that testing professionals meet the high standards set by the ISTQB®.
"As a Test Engineer, what was your motivation in obtaining your ISTQB® CTFL certification?"
"As a Test Manager, what was your motivation to have your employees achieve ISTQB® Foundation Level (CTFL) certification?"