Certified Tester Foundation Level Agile Tester (CTFL-AT)
The Foundation Level Agile Tester certification is designed for professionals who are working within Agile environments. It is also for professionals who are planning to start implementing Agile methods in the near future, or are working within organizations that plan to do so.
To gain this certification, candidates must hold the Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate.
A candidate who has achieved the Foundation Level certification should be able to:
- Collaborate in a cross-functional Agile team being familiar with principles and basic practices of Agile software development
- Adapt existing testing experience and knowledge to Agile values and principles
- Support the Agile team in planning test-related activities
- Apply relevant methods and techniques for testing in an Agile project
- Assist the Agile team in test automation activities
- Assist business stakeholders in defining understandable and testable user stories, scenarios, requirements, and acceptance criteria as appropriate
- Work and share information with other team members using effective communication styles and channels
Training is available from Accredited Training Providers (classroom, virtual, and e-learning). We highly recommend attending accredited training as it ensures that an ISTQB® Member Board has assessed the materials for relevance and consistency against the syllabus.
Self-study, using the syllabus and recommended reading material, is also an option when preparing for the exam.
Holders of this certification will be eligible to proceed to the next stage of the Agile stream and take the Agile Technical Tester (CTAL-ATT) and Agile Test Leadership at Scale (CTAL-ATLaS) certifications.