Certified Tester Expert Level Test Management Strategic Test Management (CTEL-TM-SM)
The ISTQB® CTEL-TM–Strategic Management content within the CTEL-Test Management syllabus considers the purpose of testing or the test mission, and the relation between the test policy, the test strategy, and the test objectives. It addresses the effectiveness, efficiency, and satisfaction metrics for the test policy objectives. Integrating tools across the organization and testing as part of a larger set of quality management activities necessary to deliver quality software products and services are included, as well as the management of external relationships, most especially the merging of test strategies with third party organizations. Part 1 of the CTEL-TM also looks at the test management considerations for different project lifecycle models.
The Expert Level certification is aimed at those who have already achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and wish to develop further their expertise in a specific area.
To obtain Expert Level certification, candidates must have:
The expert test manager is able to perform each of the following tasks:
- Lead the test management within an organization, project or program to identify and manage critical success factors with management commitment at CEO/Board level;
- Take appropriate business-driven decisions on a test management strategy and implement organization wide commitment and compliance based on quality KPIs;
- Assess the current status of the test management, propose step-wise improvements and show how these are linked to achieving business goals within the organizational context of test management (organization or project/program);
- Set up a strategic policy for improving the test management and the testing, and implement that policy in an organization;
- Analyze specific problems with the test management and its alignment with other roles or management areas in the project/organization, and propose effective solutions;
- Create a master test plan with matching governance dashboard to meet or exceed the business objectives of the organization or a project/program;
- Develop innovative concepts for test management (project) organizations which include required roles, skills, methodologies (tools) and organizational structure;
- Establish a standard process for implementing test management in an organization (project/program) with standardized delivery based on quality KPIs;
- Lead an organization to improve the test management process and manage the introduction of changes;
- Understand and effectively manage the human issues associated with test-project management and implement necessary changes.
Expert Level provides in-depth, practically-oriented certification courses in a range of different testing subjects. Materials provided at Expert Level build on the knowledge and experience obtained at the Advanced Level.